Therapeutic Focus & Treatment Modalities
I am comfortable working with all ages and a wide range of presenting problems. That said, my expertise lies in supporting those who struggle with codependency, self-esteem, PTSD, and/or trauma. My treatment approach varies by client strength areas yet leans toward a mixed bag of Reality Based Therapy (CBT), Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT), Play Therapy, and others as needed.
- Addiction (as it relates to trauma)
- Co-Dependence (CODA)
- Identity Issues
- LGBTQ+ Community
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self-Esteem & Confidence
- Strengths Based
- Trauma Informed Care (TIC)
Sadie Spooner, MS, LPC, NCC
National Certified Counselor
Mental Health Provider
I have been working in mental health since 2017, when I obtained my masters in counseling. Prior to that, I worked with children on the autism spectrum (ASD). I am comfortable working with all ages and a wide range of presenting problems. I do some of my best work supporting those who struggle with codependency, self-esteem, PTSD and/or trauma.
My clients benefit from my calm optimism and flexibility in approach. My philosophy is to meet you where you’re at and follow your lead. I encourage clients to see their strengths and will teach you to use your strengths to build a repertoire of strategies, tools, and coping mechanisms. I will provide education, insights, and curiosity, allowing you to grow your self-awareness but ultimately you decide what you want out of therapy. I believe that everyone has the ability to heal themselves. It is my job to help you navigate removing the barriers to your healing process. Whether that means helping you gain insight and understanding, learning new skills, changing your perspective, or going into uncomfortable places, I’ll be working alongside supporting you the whole way.
*Sadie can accept the following forms of payment: Private Pay (sliding scale for those that qualify), Quartz Insurance (all plans), My Choice WI, CCS
- BS Psychology and Biology from University of Wisconsin – Madison
- MS Mental Health Counseling from the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) Certification
Outside of Work
I enjoy reading, playing music, dancing, spending time outside, and loving on my pets.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Certified Anxiety Informed Professional (CAIP)
- Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) Informed
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT)
Services I Offer
- Adolescents – Adults
- Individual Skill Development and Enhancement
- Recovery Skills & Psychoeducation Therapy Groups
For general inquiries and information, send us a message. We will reply to your inquiry within 48 business hours.