Therapeutic Focus & Treatment Modalities
I thrive working with adolescents through adults, particularly those with developmental disabilities, co morbidity, trauma, and/or behavioral needs. I take a strengths-based approach and prefer realistic goal setting using (SMART) goals. I most often use talk therapy to support mindful practice, skills work and processing via TF-CBT, CBT, DBT and other therapeutic approaches.
- Behavioral Support (developmental disabilities and/or mental health issues)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Comorbidity (dual diagnosis)
- Conduct Disorders
- Complex Behavioral Challenges
- Cultural/Socioeconomic Struggles Related to Mental Health
- Developmental Disorder (DD)
- Individuals involved with social services, foster care, adoption, etc.
- Severe and persistent mental health diagnosis- Adults
- Significant Trauma History
Lynn Gilpin-Parks, MS, CRC, LPC
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
Mental Health Provider
I have been drawn to learning about and working with those navigating physical and/or mental challenges all of my life; seeking supportive opportunities whenever I can. I bring this passion into each therapeutic relationship. I encourage you to tell your story and share your struggle.
I prefer to use an eclectic therapeutic treatment style, bringing a little levity, natural optimism, and a direct approach into each session. It is important to me that clients and I work as a team. Together we will tailor our time to meet your unique needs and goals. We will look at where you are right now, what challenges/barriers you may be experiencing and where you want to go. We will create a realistic treatment plan based on your wants, needs, strengths, and goals. We will establish a strong foundation for your mental health journey. Using empathy and compassion throughout treatment, I will help you process past experiences and/or trauma to meet your goals.
I will support you in understanding your emotions, processing associated symptoms, or other related struggles. I believe that behaviors are an outward expression of emotions or unmet needs. I strive to be friendly, open, and non-judgmental, as I support you in internalizing skills to manage symptoms, facilitate independence, and accommodate personal goal achievement.
I have been in this field for more than two decades working with individuals as a single provider, as well as on multi-disciplinary teams. When needed, I will work closely with other professionals on your team to ensure cohesive services, while keeping you at the center of the work. I bring considerable expertise into the conversation, sharing extensive knowledge of local community resources and systems.
If you’d like to see if Lynn can help you to meet your mental health goals, call or email today to schedule a free 10-minute consultation.
*Lynn accepts the following forms of payment: Private Pay (sliding scale for those that qualify), Quartz Insurance (all plans), My Choice WI, and CCS
Education & Licensure
- BS Psychology & Special Education from University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
- MS Rehabilitation Counseling from University of Wisconsin – Madison
Outside of Work
I savor adventure time with my husband and kids. I enjoy traveling the world, experiencing new cultures, hiking, powerlifting, running, and any other type of physical fitness. I also feed my soul by spending hours in my gardens, canning, and cooking.
- Certified Anxiety Informed Professional (CAIP)
- Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Managing Threatening Confrontations (MTC)
- Managing Threatening Confrontations (MTC) Certified Trainer
- Trauma-Informed Parenting
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
Services I Offer
- Adolescents – Adults
- Clinical Supervision
- Consultation Services
- Contracted External Trainings (Managing Threatening Confrontations (MTC), Trauma Informed, Behavioral Support, etc)
- Diagnostic Assessment/Evaluation (BSP, Safety Planning, LEP)
- Individual or Dyadic work
For general inquiries and information, send us a message. We will reply to your inquiry within 48 business hours.