Service delivery offered as: In Person or via Telemental Health (video conference) sessions. In Person services may be obtained in the office, home or community
*Therapy services billed to insurance must take place at the office, due to insurance company parameters
Psychotherapy may also be called therapy, talk therapy, or counseling. It is a general term for treating various problems/ disorders by talking with a licensed clinician. The key to helping change behaviors or overcome problems rests in the personal collaboration between clinician and client(s).
During psychotherapy you learn about your condition, symptoms, your moods, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. There are many approaches and therapeutic focuses to treatment. Each clinician will tailor treatment to your specific needs, via a basic assessment process.
You and your therapist will assess and evaluate your condition and needs, then create a treatment plan, including goals for your work together. We offer the following treatment methods (modalities):
- Individual Therapy
- Dyadic/ Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
A wide range of types of therapy exist in the world. At Elite Cognition we have therapists who specialize and/or utilize components of the following:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Art Therapy
- Attachment Based Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Culturally Sensitive Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eclectic Mix
- Experiential and Exposure Therapy
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
- Humanistic Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Music Therapy
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Person-Centered Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
- Reality Therapy
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Somatic Therapy
- Structural Family Therapy (SFT)
- Trauma-Focused Cognition Behavior Therapy (TFCBT)
Diagnostic Evaluations involve front end data gathering, assessment, and often interviewing. This data supports preparation of a summary evaluation and/or plan to support a client whose mental illness, may require outside supports. This process finds strengths, weaknesses, evaluates knowledge and skills.
Evaluations are primarily used to assess emotional wellbeing, assess risk of harm to self/others, guide treatment, guide intervention or guide therapeutic planning.
Elite Cognition conducts the following Diagnostic Evaluations and/or Plans:
- ALSUP (Assessment of Lagging Skills and Unsolved Problems)
- BSP (Behavioral Support Plan)
- CANS (Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths)
- Cognitive and Developmental Screeners
- FBA (Functional Behavioral Assessment)
- LEP (Law Enforcement Protocol)
- Safety Protocols (Safe behavioral and communication protocols based on distress stages for home, community, school, other)
- SRA (Suicidal Risk Assessment) with Crisis Plan, Safety Plan and/and or Safety Contract documentation
- Others based on consultation with provider.
Advocacy Support for clients and families regarding diagnosis education, explanation or other with families and/or other supports and agencies. May also include support in working with school systems to understand a minor’s mental health needs, creating behavioral response plans, interventions and/or support to align current IEP goals with appropriate responses/goals based on the student’s mental health diagnoses.
Training/ Professional Development Currently we offer the following trainings as externally contacted services:
- Managing Threatening Confrontations (MTC). Help caregivers understand, prevent, and respond to challenging behavior. Created by Paul White, MTC identifies 5 stages of behavior and provides a matching support strategy for each stage. Adheres to WI lest restrictive measures guidelines as put out by WI DSPS.
- STRONG TEAMING– Exploring and Creating Staff Core Values, Mission and Vision
Consultation Services determined with client based on need
Our Groups typically run in 8, 10 or 12 week cycles, once weekly for between 1-2 hours, depending on the program. All Group parameters are clearly outlines on the flyer we put out and referral/sign up process is easy.
In general, Elite Cognition offers the following groups, when possible:
- Building Self-Esteem and Confidence in Teens
- Building Self-Esteem and Confidence in Adults
- Creativity Takes Courage (Art and music therapy group for children)
- Adult Class in the Works!
- Seeking Safety for Adults (For those with a history of Trauma, PTSD and/or Addiction. Building healthy safe coping and problem-solving skills)
Getting Started is Easy
Download Referral Form
Elite Cognition Referral for Services form can be downloaded by clicking the button below.
Return Completed Form
or by fax to 608-440-2954
We review referrals every Wednesday. Once referrals are reviewed, you will be contacted within 2 business days.
Thank you for considering Elite Cognition, LLC.
For general inquiries and information, send us a message. We will reply to your inquiry within 2 business days.