Therapeutic Focus & Treatment Modalities
I typically work with teens on individual skill development, psychoeducation, and physical health to manage symptoms; however, I work well with all ages. I prefer side-by-side, modeling, and motivational interviewing, as treatment approaches.
- Adjustment Disorders
- Autism Spectrum (ASD)/Neurodiverse People
- ASD Related Developmental Disorders
- Attachment (RAD)
- Behavioral Challenges
- Co-Morbidity/Dual Diagnosis (Mental Health and Developmental/Physical Disabilities)
- Developmental Delays/Disabilities
- Emotion/Mood/Behavioral Regulation
- Oppositional Defiance (ODD)
- PDA profile of Autism
Brock Knautz, BS Rehabilitation Psychology
Mental Health Provider
I am a positive, fun-loving, and easy-going person who loves to bring out the best in people. I believe trust, consistency, empathy, listening, and a little laughter are key to building a good therapeutic relationship. I use a person-centered approach in my work, emphasizing learning where you are at in your mental health journey and the importance of focusing on your strengths as we work through your symptoms. Having an encouraging support system is crucial to managing your mental health and I strive to provide that for my clients.
I enjoy working with a variety of age ranges. I have experience working with people on skills to help them live independently: whether it be coping strategies, symptom management, budgeting, community survival skills, cooking, cleaning, etc. I am also very interested in sports psychology and how the body and brain are connected. Body movement can be used to motivate, manage stress, visualize goals, relax, release cortisol and so much more. I have a passion to help others with their mental health and am empowered when I can help someone achieve their goals!
*Brock can accept the following forms of payment: Private Pay (sliding scale for those that qualify), My Choice WI, CCS
Education & Licensure
- BS in Rehabilitation Psychology from University of Wisconsin – Madison
Outside of Work
I enjoy playing and watching most sports (especially football). I also enjoy going places with my two dogs and spending time with my fiancé.
Certifications & Trainings
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) Informed
Services I Offer
- Elementary Aged Children thru Adults
- Individual Skill Development and Enhancement
- Physical Health Monitoring
- Somatic Work