Areas of Therapeutic Focus & Concentration
- Art Therapy
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Behavioral Issues
- Conduct Disorder
- Mindfulness – Self Regulation
- Situational Therapy
- Sports Psychology (Mental mindset and Performance)
- Strengths Building
- Therapeutic Role Play
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Organizational skills
Ryan Yates, MS, CRC
Mental Health Provider
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
Ryan incorporates a good sense of humor, with a dose of realism in all he does. Ryan is relatable and works well with individuals from diverse and/or marginalized communities and groups. He does an excellent job building rapport and trust with his clients (and their family members), which results in long lasting positive outcomes. He draws from
his Rehabilitation Psychology background (fancy way of saying individuals with disabilities and chronic health conditions to overcome challenges and improve their quality of life) and previous work in an array of environments. He is a continual learner who grows and advances his practice to best serve you.
Ryan specializes in working with male children and their families, as well as olderadults. He is matter of fact and realistic in his delivery. This approach helps you to break down cloudy, messy, and challenging situations into more manageable, processable, practical parts, which you can work on together. Ryan uses a results-based attitude to support you, keeping your end goals in view throughout your work. He is eclectic in his
use of therapeutic strategies and has a vast array of treatment tactics.
Ryan is passionate about helping individuals who experience or have experienced trauma, stress, anxiety, ADHD, anger, and conduct disorders (to name a few) to build positive, appropriate coping and regulation strategies. When working with children, Ryan believes in helping you to create a lifelong, positive skills base. He will provide you
with social guidance, weaving socialization, and communication strategies into your work. Together through practical applications, he will help you grow into a more productive, positive, and independent person.
Is Ryan the right provider to work with you? Call or Email today to schedule a free 10-minute consultation.
My Education & Licensure
- MS Rehabilitation Psychology from University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- Currently working toward licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Outside of Work
Ryan enjoys traveling the world, spending time with family and golfing.
Specialized Additional Training and Certifications
- Anxiety Treatment Certified
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Reality Therapy
- Telehealth Certified
- Several years in the business sector
- Community-based practice
- Previous work in a diverse array of environments
- I work with children, Teens, and Aging population
- I work primarily in the community with my clients
- Employment Related Skills
- Individual Skill Development and Enhancement
- Physical Health Monitoring
- Psychoeducation (client)
For general inquiries and information, send us a message. We will reply to your inquiry within 48 business hours.