Therapeutic Focus & Treatment Modalities
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Behavioral Issues
- Conduct Disorder
- Mindfulness – Self Regulation
- Organizational Skills
- Reality-Based Therapy
- Situational Therapy
- Sports Psychology (Mental mindset and Performance)
- Strengths Building
- Therapeutic Role Play
- Trauma-Informed Care
Ryan Yates, MS, CRC
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services Supervisor
Mental Health Provider
I enjoy working with individuals from diverse and/or marginalized communities and groups. Building rapport and trust with clients (and the adults in their lives- for minors) is important to me. Years of experience has taught me that bringing an honest, relatable representation of myself will result in long-lasting positive outcomes.
I am relatable, have a good sense of humor, and bring a dose of realism this and previous work in an array of environments. I am a continual learner who grows and advances my practice to best serve you. I enjoy helping people with mental health struggles, physical disabilities, chronic health conditions to overcome challenges and improve their quality of life).
I most often work with males; adolescent-young adult males, as well as older adults. I am matter-of-fact and realistic in my delivery. This approach helps you to break down cloudy, messy, and challenging situations into more manageable, processable, practical parts, which you can work on together. I use a results-based attitude to support you, keeping your end goals in view throughout your work. I am eclectic in my use of therapeutic strategies and have a vast array of treatment tactics.
I am passionate about helping individuals who experience trauma, stress, anxiety, ADHD, anger, and conduct disorders (to name a few) to build positive, appropriate coping and regulation strategies. When working with adolescents-young adults, I believe in helping you to create a lifelong, positive skills base. I will provide you with social guidance, weaving socialization, and communication strategies into our work. Together through practical applications, we will help you grow into a more productive, positive, and independent person.
Is Ryan the right provider to work with you? Call or Email today to schedule a free 10-minute consultation.
- MS Rehabilitation Psychology from University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Currently working toward licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Outside of Work
Ryan enjoys traveling the world, spending time with family, and golfing.
- Certified Anxiety Informed Professional (CAIP)
- Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Certified
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) Certified
Services I Offer
- Work with children, Teens, and Aging population
- Work primarily in the community or in-home with clients
- Employment Related Skills
- Individual Skill Development and Enhancement
- Physical Health Monitoring
- Psychoeducation (client)
For general inquiries and information, send us a message. We will reply to your inquiry within 48 business hours.