Areas of Therapeutic Focus & Concentration
AODA (Alcohol or Other Drug Abuse)
Comorbidity (Co-occurring/ Dual Diagnosis)
Emotion/ Mood/ Behavioral Regulation
Severe and Persistent Mental Illness
Britt McGonagle, MS, LPC-IT
Mental Health Provider
Liscensed Professional Conselor – Training
Britt has a big personality, enthusiasm, and empathy that you feel the moment you meet her. She puts all her energy toward providing you with the best possible support. Britt works from a blend of reality-focused treatment modalities. She believes in the importance of treating the whole person, ensuring you feel seen, heard, and valued. She prides herself in building strong, authentic, trusting therapeutic relationships.
As a young person Britt experienced marginalization due to life’s circumstances. This produced a driving passion for working with people from diverse and marginalized backgrounds. Britt will help you set and achieve your goals, while increasing your overall sense of self. Together you will create a plan to support you along the way. She will help you process trauma or other past experiences that are impacting your daily life.
If you struggle with complex mental health diagnoses, Britt is the provider/ clinician for you. She will help you manage life’s challenges and daily struggles. She will educate you on your disorder, help you to change behavioral patterns, and break negative thought cycles, all which result from symptoms of your diagnoses. Britt is passionate about helping you to find strength within yourself.
Britt is a strong advocate of breaking and moving beyond the stigmas around mental health struggles.
Wondering if Britt is a therapeutic match to support you in meeting your goals? Do not hesitate to Call or Email today to schedule a free 10-minute consultation.
Education & Licensure
- BS Clinical Psychology, Criminal Justice, & Anthropology from St. Xavier University
- MS Clinical Psychology from Benedictine University
- Licensed Professional Counselor- Training License (LPC-IT) WI License
#pending transfer from IL 125
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) Certification
Outside of Work
Britt enjoys playing music, writing poetry, attending concerts, and going on adventures with her family and puppies.
Specialized Treatment Modalities and Certifications
- Art Therapy
- Anxiety Treatment Certified
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Music Therapy
- Multicultural Competency
- Telehealth Certified
- Clinical experience working with clients ranging from early adolescence to geriatrics
- Understanding of and work within marginalized communities/ circumstances
- Work with several diverse populations
- 4+ years’ experience working with individuals experiencing severe and persistent mental health symptoms
- Work within residential group homes for at risk youth and adults
I work primarily with Teens and Adults
Diagnostic Evaluation (BSP, LEP)
Individual Skill Development and Enhancement (Mental Health and/or Addiction)
Psychoeducation (client and family)
Recovery Skills/ Education Groups (Mental Health and/or Addiction)
Adding the following services soon!
Psychotherapy (Therapy, Counseling)
Individual, AODA, and Group
For general inquiries and information, send us a message. We will reply to your inquiry within 48 business hours.