Therapeutic Focus & Treatment Modalities
I work often with individuals experiencing severe or persistent mental illness, personality disorders, acute behavioral concerns, and/or trauma, as well as the following…
- Acculturation Issues
- AODA (Alcohol or Other Drug Abuse)
- Behavioral Issues/Dysregulation
- Conduct Disorder
- Comorbidity (Co-occurring/Dual Diagnosis)
- Marginalized/Cultural/Socioeconomic Struggles Related to Mental Health
- Identity Struggles
- LGBTQ+ Issues
- Personality Disorders
- Severe and Persistent Mental Illness
- Therapeutic Incorporation of the Arts – art, music, movement
Britt McGonagle, MS, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
National Certified Counselor (NCC)
Mental Health Provider
I’m a laid back, tell-it-like-it-is, empathetic, and enthusiastic human both outside and inside the clinical setting. We’re all on our own journey. Having experienced marginalization in my own eclectic past, I understand firsthand the impact this can have on a person’s mental health. Thus, driving my passion to work with individuals to break and move beyond the stigmas around mental health struggles. I pride myself in building strong, authentic, trusting therapeutic relationships. If I could be of any assistance in the growth toward whatever goals you are seeking in life, then I’d be honored to join you on your journey.
I understand recovery is not linear. Each individual human comes with their own set of needs, wants, strengths, hopes, and dreams. I believe in the importance of treating the whole person, ensuring you feel seen, heard, and valued. My goal is to help you identify your goals and work toward achieving them; creating a plan for treatment that feels both relevant and attainable to you. I find joy in helping people to increase their confidence, perception of self, and overall life satisfaction by better understanding their emotions and what makes them tick.
I have clinical history working with individuals in late childhood through late adulthood, in a myriad if settings ranging from inpatient residential, post-hospitalization, in clinic, and community based. I welcome all clients, meeting you where you are on your individual path, working to minimize your unique symptoms. I use a compilation of traditional reality-focused psychotherapy modalities such as DBT and trauma-informed-care, to more nontraditional techniques involving art, music, and movement.
*Britt can accept the following forms of payment: Private Pay (sliding scale for those that qualify), Quartz Insurance (MA only), My Choice WI, CCS
- BS Clinical Psychology, Criminal Justice, & Anthropology from St. Xavier University
- MS Clinical Psychology from Benedictine University
Outside of Work
I enjoy playing music, writing poetry, attending concerts, and going on adventures with my family and puppies.
Certifications & Trainings
- Certified Anxiety Informed Professional (CAIP)
- Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Informed
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Certified
- Trauma Informed Care (TIC)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) Informed
Services I Offer
- Teens – Adults
- Diagnostic Evaluation (BSP, LEP, Crisis Planning)
- Individual Skill Development and Enhancement
- Psychoeducation (client and family)
- Recovery Skills
- Therapy Groups
For general inquiries and information, send us a message. We will reply to your inquiry within 48 business hours.